Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lovin Me Some Birchbox




Around two years ago I was watching a YouTube video by the beautiful MissGlamorazzi, and the video topic happened to be her newest Birchbox. So, of course my beauty-obsessed mind couldn't get over how cool it sounded so I decided that it was imperative I have one too. If you aren't aware of what Birchbox is by now, it's a beauty box subscription that comes packed with all sorts of beauty and lifestyle related samples. Aka, a beauty lover's dream. I've had a subscription to Birchbox for over a year now, and I never regretted it. Every box is adorably packaged and full of lovely samples ranging from skincare, to nail polish, to hair serums! 

Needless to say this month's box was just as adroable as all the others. The hot pink packaging alone brightens up my day instantly. Who doesn't love a hot pink package filled with beauty items? Anyway, onto what was inside the box! 

I've never been disappointd with any of the nail polish I've gotten from Birchbox, and this one is no exception! It's a great navy blue with a tint of purple (I probably just should have said indigo haha) that personally I think is great for winter. Plus this nail polish isn't exactly what I would call "sample size," considering it's just as big as a regular size Essie polish! 

This fragrance is my favorite type of scent: fresh and fruity. On Birchbox's website it describes the scent as a fruity blend of apple, mint, and grapefruit designed to keep us energized. I just love that if I smelled this scent on anyone else, I would think, damn she smells good. 

I was so excited when I saw this in my box! I've heard great things about this serum and I have rather dry hair so I'm hoping this really helps it! You're supposed to take a few drops in your palm and apply it to damp or dry hair focusing on the ends. I can't wait to test it out :)

When it comes to eye primers I'm pretty damn obsessed with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but ironically I recently ran out of the stuff so I mine as well give this one a try! I'm excited to see how it compares to the primer potion and the Mac Paint Pots. 

I have an unhealthy obsession with skincare. Seriously, it's a little embarrasing to say but trying new creams and cleansers is my favorite thing in the world! Needless to say I was beyond pumped to see this face cream in my box. Fresh is a really awesome brand (I love their lip balms), so I can't wait to test out this cream and see how it goes over! 

Birchbox retails for $10 a month when you get a yearly subscription. Each month you're getting around five or six high end beauty samples from really great brands, so I definitely think it's worth it if you're a beauty-lover like me! Go get a subscription and look forward to an adorable pink box showing up on your door step every month :) 

fairwell lovelys,

Kaleigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment