Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Tarte Score!

I was watching TessChristine123's January Favorites a few weeks ago, and I learned about an amazing deal on qvc.com. If you guys are familiar with Tarte Cosmetics, then you know it can be pretty damn expensive. But on Feb. 5th, qvc.com was selling a Tarte makeup bag with 5 oh so lovely Tarte makeup products inside, all for $60. So, clearly I jumped on it. I got the products about a week ago, and decided to do a review for you guys! Hope you like. :)
This is the line up of products that came inside the makeup bag. I really love the makeup bag because it's really big, and I just think the design is adorable. It comes with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation, the Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush, the Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara, the Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush, a double ended eyebrow pencil, and this lipstick which I couldnt seem to find online. I love all of Tarte's packaging. It's fun, young, and lovely. 
I got this foundation in light. There were four shades to choose from which isn't great, but it matches my skin pretty spot on. Although it's full coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. It's creamy, and moisturizing, which I love because I have very dry skin. As for the brush, I don't love it for foundation. I'm pretty obsessed with the Real Tecniques Buffing Brush, and I found that this brush didn't distribute the foundation very well. I do really like it for powder though! 
This blush is such a winner. It's beautiful. This is the color Amused. It's a baby pink color with some sparkle in it, but when applied you can't see it. This blush is very pigmented, so you do have to be careful when applying it. That being said, if you just sweep a little bit onto the apples of your cheeks and blend, then it looks amazing. This has really made me want more blushes from Tarte!
Out of everything I got, this mascara is my hands down favorite! First of all, I love the gold packaging. The brush has short and long bristles which is very unique. When I apply it, I use the short bristles first to thicken my lashes, and then the long bristles to separate and lengthen them. The long bristles definitely give that fluttery look we all love. What else to say about it? It's very very black, and doesn't smudge on me even though it's not waterproof. A+ in my book!
I'm not sure why I couldn't find this lipstick online. It might be limited edition, I'm sorry! The name of this lipstick is Plummy Rose, which I think fits perfectly. It's not to brown, not too pink, and definitely has an obvious hint of pluminess to it. It's a great everyday shade, and is a perfect my lips but better lipstick. It's also very creamy and moisturizing, which I love. 
That is all for today :) I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Even though the sale was only one day, all these products are really great and I would definitely go out and have a look at them! 

Love always,

Kaleigh xx

P.s. Hey guys! I'm so sorry I forgot to include the eyebrow pencil it also came with in my post. I forgot to take a picture of it, but its absolutely amazing. One side comes with a spooly to brush through your brows and tame them. The other side is a pencil, which looks very natural. I love it. Again, I'm so sorry I forgot to take a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment